The NanoMeter is a tool for the assessment of applications that are enabled by nanotechnologies. It covers aspects such as health, environment, ethics, and societal issues beyond standard product assessment.
Purpose: Identify opportunities and risks of single applications.
• Identification of knowledge gaps.
• Overview on aspects where the application could possibly be improved.
• Basis for specific measures to assure performance and public acceptance and support market success.
• Start from a nanotechnology-enabled product, ingredient or application (currently under development or already on the market).
• Answer questions that guide you through relevant opportunity and risk areas.
• Follow “further information” links if needed.
• View your condensed results as a PDF document.
• Share your findings and perception with colleagues or partners.