The following definitions are as reported in the proposed ISO/DTS or ISO/DTR 12802, and ISO/DTS 11751, or as generally reported in the literature.
• Nanotechnology - The application of scientific knowledge to control and utilize matter at the nanoscale, where size related properties and phenomena can emerge.
• Nanoscale - Size range to approximately 1 nm to 100 nm.
• Nano-object or Nanostructure- Material with one, two or three external dimensions in the nanoscale
• Nanoparticle - Nano-object with all three external dimensions in the nanoscale.
• Nanofibre - Nano-object with two external dimensions in the nanoscale and the third dimension significantly larger.
• Nanotube - Hollow nanofibre
• Nanoporous - Structure with pore sizes in the nanoscale.
• Nanoclays - Layered silicates, as for example montmorillonite, in the nanoscale
• Nanocomposite - A composite of different materials or chemical substances in which at least one component includes a nanoparticle or other nanostructure
• Nano-textiles or Nanoengineered textiles - Textiles or textile products in which nanotechnology is used during a production or finishing step.
Visits: 983, Published on: May, 20th 2010, 01:26 PM, Last edit: 2010-05-25 16:00:23 Size: 1 KByte